martes, 15 de mayo de 2012

6 feet under... Ideas and thoughts

At the funeral of one of my college classmates' father I realized a couple
Of things I may take more serious about the idea of dying and leaving a piece of stone covering my corpse. I saw many tombs/graves which where faded away because of natural elements and time so, I understood the need of a long-lasting design for this purpose, I mean, stone and some other material we actually use to decorate our final destination in life are not as durable as one may think, in fact they're strong but it's lifespan looks to be around 50 to 70 years in the most lucky cases, and I'm talking mainly about text inscriptions made to stone (so this is presumably the only info we have about many people who is already dead). For my own grave instead, I'm planing on doing some research of durable materials and to think of a time conscious design made to last, nut also, not expensive nor unreachable so as soon as I have this info I'll post it in a much more proper way.

For this time I'll get you only some ideas :

Marble engraving, but a deeper engraving, not too mucho but nos as superficial as I've seen in graves today

Avoiding flat surfaces that wont actually remain the same way in 40 years, so basically to avoid water staying for long periods over the engraved text.

Avoiding flower pots and "little gardens over the grave will ensure free maintenance, and of course if the grave is totally sealed we can prevent robbery. (yeah in mexico THAT happens)

And by now it's all I can think of, so enjoy :)

No hay comentarios: